- Vending Information Sheet by the NYC Department of Small Business Services
- Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA) official website for one of the City agencies that governs vending issues
- NYC Civilian Complaint Review Board are the police harassing you? File a complaint
- NYPD home page of New York’s finest
- Green Carts a ton of information on NYC’s program to encourage fruit and vegetable vending in some areas
- Worksman Cycle experienced and recommended NYC-based manufacturer of food vending carts
- Shanghai Stainless another well-regarded food cart and truck fabricator and friend of SVP
Small Business & Legal Resources
- Business Center for New Americans services for immigrants, including business planning and loans
- Association of Senegalese in America offers direct services, such as ESL and computer classes, and legal referals
- Law Help.org legal resources for low income people: employment discrimination, immigration, housing, etc.
- Laws of the City of New York public access to NYC Charter, Administrative Code, and Rules
- Hot Bread Kitchen training and food entrepreneurship programs for immigrant women and small business owners
Friends of the Project
- Urban Oyster leads great New York City food cart (and other!) tours
- Reverend Billy Rev Billy & the Church of Stop Shopping — anti-globalism crusader and vendor supporter
- The King of Falafel site of Farez Zeideia, winner of the 2009 Vendy Awards
- Yellow Owl Workshop beautiful hand-crafted cards, party invites, etc. from Christine Schmidt
- Center for Urban Pedagogy demystifies complex urban issues, like via our Vendor Power guide
- New York Immigration Coalition works with us on language access, immigration reform, civic participation, etc.
- AVA Street vendor association of Chicago, Illinois
- Toronto Street Food Vendors Association just like it sounds!
- StreetNet international alliance of street vendor organizations (of which SVP is a proud member)
- CHIRLA Coalition for Humane Immigrants Rights of LA, works with vendors and others in downtown LA
- NYC Food Truck Association standing up for the rights of food truck owners and operators
- Historic Vendor Images NY Public Library’s archive of historic drawings and photographs of street vendors
- Pushcart Recommendations of the Mayor’s Commission shows how NYC vendors were treated in 1906
- Suzanne Wasserman’s ”The Good Old Days of Poverty: the Battle Over Pushcart Peddling on the LES “
- SIDEWALK by Mitchell Duneier required reading for anyone interested in street vendors in NYC
- Inclusive Cities has a ton of great reports on the global informal economy
Did we forget about you? Just let us know!